Friday, July 16, 2010

Mommy Minute with 2.5 year old toddler

Jon Jon has an Anikan backpack that he inherited from his older brother; It is essentially just a blanket that folds into a backpack. So, Jonathan puts on the backpack and says, "Mama, I ready, I ready for school!". I replied, "you are? right now?". Jonathan responds, "Yes, Mama, I go to school, I have my pack-pack on!". Then he walks over to the front door and says "Mama open it! I ride my bike to school!". I said to him, "School is very far away and you are still learning how to ride your little bike." He replied, "I not going to the big kids school mama, I go the Happy Feet school on my bike!" "Open it Mama, Let's go!" pointing to the front door again.

What a sweetheart! He totally thought since he had his "pack-pack" on he was ready to go to school and he knew how he was going to get there - on his bike and he knew where he was going.... the school on the movie Happy Feet !!!

I was able to talk him into a walk in the stroller with me to talk to the birds, squirrels, and occasional dogs. I guess there's my answer if I should look into part-time pre-school for Jonathan !

1 comment:

  1. You just gotta love a kids' perspective. So simple. Put on the "pack-pack" and everything else will fall into place.

    Thanks for sharing this. Your blog is really looking great!

    Lara Galloway
    The Mom Biz Coach
    www.mombizcoach.com

    ReplyDelete