Monday, July 12, 2010

WAHM - Work at Home Mom? Sometimes you just need to get out of your home office !

WAHM? Work at Home Mom? Sometimes you just need to get out of the home office. Usually, I work late at night when my husband and kids are in bed from 10:00pm to 2:00am 4 nights a week. I coordinate my work and business stuff with home stuff. So, I will work on updating my web-site for 45 minutes and then take a 15 minute break (ha!) to go switch over the laundry or another domestic duty.

Today, I have been at the local Starbucks coffee shop using there wi-fi away from the house from 10:00am to 5:00pm. I started with my favorite Starbucks drink a Mocha Breve and have been flying. There are just too many distractions at home and kids that find me and need me and only me for something! I love my kids and I love my husband, but they can survive without me and mysteriously those things that they only needed me for they either figure out or dad helps them. Amazing!

So, I understand being a work at home mom and it means taking care of the house and the kids and everything else. However, sometimes you need to get out of your home office and interact with adult people and feed yourself, and have a coffee, and even use the bathroom by yourself!

So, look at your calendar in the next 30 days and schedule yourself a workday outside of the home office at your local coffeehouse and see what you can get accomplished without your household needs and distractions!

No comments:

Post a Comment